Under general supervision of the Supported Employment Manager, the Job Coach will provide professional, thoughtful and personalized guidance for career development- day to day adjustment to task and assistance with sustainability to the desired position for individuals needing assistance to reach their greatest potential and vocational match in the community.
Must have Associate Degree, or High School Diploma/GED and 6 months experience with individuals with disabilities. 9.5-hour employment service training within 6 months of hire, Nationally Recognized Certification of Completion of Job Coach Training (comparable to IVRS requirements for either APSE or CES Job Coach training). On-going continuing education of 4 hours yearly in Employment Services.
TRAVEL: Travel is primarily during the business day, although travel between Tipton and Muscatine may be needed. Overnight travel may be occasionally required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Able to occasionally lift 25 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Varies. May be indoors and outdoors.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years of age or older. Maintain confidentiality. Background checks showing no evidence of founded abuse or criminal conviction in last 7 years. A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Must be able to workdays, evenings and weekends depending on our individuals’ coaching needs and employers’ needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding, implementation and maintenance of the person’s plan in accordance with the individual served preferences.
- Communicate effectively with individuals served, employers, case managers, parents, guardians, and advocates to facilitate successful employment outcomes.
- Act as a liaison between individual(s) served and employer to ensure continuity of services.
- Follows and applies coaching techniques that promote individual independence in the workplace.
- Follows established safety practices and procedures of employer and CROSSROADS, Inc. to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for individual and organization.
- Works effectively within a team to enhance service delivery while respecting the right to privacy of the individual and confidentiality requirements of CROSSROADS, INC.
- Uses initiative to think creatively around workplace accommodations while following through with the challenges of the position.
- Prepare and maintain employment records.
- Renegotiate as needed with the employer regarding tasks, additional responsibilities, promotion and career advancement, increased wages and support provided after job the starts.
- Support problem resolution processes by coaching the employer and the employee, while respecting the business culture, organization processes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain communication with the employee and employer during the tenure of employment to ensure satisfaction and quick resolve to issues as they arise.
- Models and uses good decision-making skills and accesses appropriate resources to assist in developing quality services.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships and communicates appropriately with persons served and stakeholders including but not limited to person’s employer, parent, guardian, advocates, case manager, and transportation provider, etc.
- Attends training and provides documentation of certifications required for employment with CROSSROADS, INC.
- Exemplifies the CROSSROADS “Our Way” standards of behavior.
- Supports and assures compliance with the CROSSROADS management system.
- Complies with documentation policies by submitting accurate and timely paperwork, including progress notes, billing sheets, timesheets, expense logs, and other required reports.
- Support CROSSROADS, INC. Mission of Assisting People in Reaching their Greatest Potential by modeling the values of the organization in the following areas.
- Serves as a role model for CROSSROADS, INC. persons served and co-workers by the following:
- Reports for work prepared and takes accountability for meeting person served service needs.
- Dresses in appropriate attire for the position.
- Demonstrates professional ethics in all relationships.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, client rights, confidentiality, and chain of authority.
- Shifts may include a combination of days, evenings, and weekend hours.