JOB OVERVIEW: Assistant in the Day Habilitation Program.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or GED. Prefer working with persons with disabilities experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Essential functions of the job require employee to hear, talk and see well enough to perform driving responsibilities. NOTE: This position requires physical abilities that include one or more of the following (this is not a comprehensive list): pushing or pulling persons in wheelchairs, transferring persons weighing at least 100 pounds to and from wheelchairs with another staff person, lifting 25 pounds, frequent bending, stooping, kneeling motions, physical interventions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work performed will require being both inside and outside, which could include being in very high or low temperatures.
- Provide written documentation of services provided according to funding source regulations.
- Provide direct support to the individuals we serve according to their Individual Service Plans and individualized needs.
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of changes in the HCBS and CARF rules.
- Possess excellent communication and relational skills to interact and communicate in a professional manner with parents & guardians, staff, and clients.
- Participate in planning, preparation, and implementation of daily activities.
- Attend and assist with Community Integration Opportunities as required.
- Participate in the Individual Program planning process.
- Ability to provide assistance with personal cares.
- Dispense Medications once Medication Manager certified.
- Maintain current chauffer’s driver’s license and insurance.
- Ability to meet physical and mental requirements necessary to perform all functions of position.
- Ability to use phone, fax, and computer equipment, Office 365, and any other technology to perform duties timely.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow safety regulations in all facilities while working.
- Exemplifies the CROSSROADS “Our Way” standards of behavior.
- Complete all essential training in CROSSROADS required time frame.